Saturday, May 1, 2010

Who doesn't LOVE Turquoise!




I just love Turquoise! It's got such a casual elegance to it. No matter what I wear it with I get compliments. It can bring me out of a funk in a second! I can wear it with just about everything.

With Spring here and the desire to show a little more skin it pushes me into the jewelry box.

This great cuff; I searched for that perfect piece of turquoise for nearly a year. And I found the focal piece on this cuff in a great little bead shop in Santa Monica, CA. Here's the link to their site.

http://www.ritualadornments.com/


Its a small shop but with tons of character and they've probably got any "special" item you're looking for. I certainly left the store doing the happy dance. The customer service was awesome.




****


Now, onto another of my favorites which is Abalone. The more I've learned about Abalone the more respect I have for those who work with it from ocean to what we find in the stores. It is extremely toxic. Probably one of the worst things one might come in contact with. The dust from cleaning and sanding and drilling is super toxic.
Here is my latest necklace which I've used Abalone disks as focal. I love the ocean and I love shells. There is not a calmer element for me than to be at the ocean with the water and the sand at my feet. I've used peyote stitched beaded beads for the neckline and then used green briolettes and amazonite chips. I stuck in a few of the pacific opal bicones in the drop linking the Abalone disks.

This necklace goes great with the "Aquarius" Bracelet on my Etsy site. Check it out!


I see a pattern here with my attraction to the Abalone. So my goal for June is to try to move on to something else. (I'm sure this will work...at least until I stumble upon another awesome unique piece of Abalone).
I am a hair close to finishing a piece I've worked on for a good amount of time. Wouldn't ya know it....I'm out of a bead and it's been discontinued!!! DISASTER! So all of you beaders our there please check your stash and see if you have any of these tiny things! I would be so grateful and happy to pay what you need for them. Just contact me and let me finish this one item.
  • 3mm Firepolished Round Peridot AB
Thank you and Happy Beading!





1 comment:

CharmN Jewelry said...

I have never seen any such thing like what you called Abelone...looks so lovely and different from the usual metals and stones that are found in jewellery.very nice beading work done here.Silver Charm Bracelet